1. When is the first day of school next year (2012-2013)?
The first student day is Wednesday, August 29, 2012.
2. When is the last of day school for 2012-2013?
.The last student day is Wednesday, June 12, 2013.
3. What are the hours of the District Office?
The District Office is open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, with the
exception of holidays. Summer hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
4. How can I obtain a copy of the student calendar?
You may download a copy of the 2012-13 student calendars by clicking on the calendar page link or stopping by the District Office at 4444 Scotts Valley Drive, Suite 5B, Scotts Valley, CA 95066.
5. How do I register my child for school?
You may register your child directly at the school site during the school year (until June 30). Registration packets can be obtained after that date and prior to August 1st at the Scotts Valley Unified School District Office, 4444 Scotts Valley Drive, Suite 5B, Scotts Valley, CA 95066, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. After August 1st, please pick up registration materials at the school site.
6. When is Kindergarten registration?
You may pick up a registration packet at either Brook Knoll or Vine Hill Elementary school any time after March 1st.
7. How do I know if a specific residential address is in the Scotts Valley Unified School District?
You can look up a specific street address by clicking on the street directory link. This list is provided by the Santa Cruz County Office of Voter’s Registration. Streets are listed in alphabetical order. If you need clarification as to which elementary school your child would attend, please contact the schools directly: Brook Knoll Elementary (831) 423-2454, or Vine Hill Elementary (831) 438-1090, or the District Office (831) 438-1820.
8. When and where are the Board of Trustees meetings?
Board meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of most months. Meetings are held at the City Council Chamber located at 1 Civic Center Drive, Scotts Valley, beginning at 6:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
9. Where can I read or obtain a copy of the Board Meeting Agenda and Board Packet?
Board agendas and packets are available for review 72 hours prior to a scheduled meeting in the District Office or you may click on the Board Meeting Agenda link.
10. How do I transfer out of or into the Scotts Valley Unified School District?
All transfers, whether they be out of or into our District, must begin with the filing of an Inter District Transfer form with your district of residence.
• If you are requesting a transfer out of the District, you may click on the Inter District Transfer Request form link or stop by the district office to obtain the form. Once the paperwork has been submitted, it will be reviewed; if approved, it will be signed off and faxed to the requested district. It is up to the requested district whether you are accepted or not.
• If you are requesting a transfer into the District, begin by filling out an Inter District Transfer Form with your district of residence. It is up to your current district to determine whether or not they will release your child. Your acceptance into SVUSD will depend on various criteria, including space availability.
11. Where do I go to pay Developer Fees and how much will it cost?
You must first obtain a Certification of Payment of Developer Fees form through the City of Scotts Valley or the Santa Cruz Planning/Building Department.
The approved rate effective May 26, 2014 is $2.43 for residential single family; $3.36 for residential multi-family. The approved rate effective May 26, 2014 is $0.54 for commercial except Hotel/Motel, which is $0.031. The approved rate effective May 26, 2014 for Senior Citizen housing is $0.54.
12. How do I find out about employment opportunities with the Scotts Valley Unified School District?
You may log on to www.edjoin.org for a complete list of job openings.
13. How do I obtain a work permit?
You may obtain the necessary paperwork needed to begin processing a work permit at the Scotts Valley High School Administration Office during the school year. During the summer months, work permits are processed and issued at the District Office.